Sunday, July 15, 2012

There's Nothing Funny About this Business...

Ohhhh Target I just can't ignore you anymore. 


I do believe I will have to be on a target boycott, and it breaks my heart....
Why you ask?


wellllll in the past the company has donated 150,000 to Anti-gay groups. 
READ THIS
then there was this ...
the POWER OF GAGA
So thinking everything was going to be okay... 
but thennnnn
they decided not to sell Frank Ocean's new album (who's openly gay) 
They state  "Channel Orange," due to hit stores July 17, was made because the singer's label Def Jam opted to release the album exclusively on iTunes a week before it would be available in retail outlets". 
Howeverrrrrrr
Target does currently stock another album that was first exclusively released on iTunes before it was sold in stores -- 2011's platinum-selling "Watch the Throne," by rappers Jay-Z and Kanye West. That album, which incidentally was released by Ocean's label Def Jam. They also sell Owl City's second album which was released on iTunes before in-stores. 
READ MORE HERE


Sounds strange to me...especially when Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" is such an amazing piece of art,  it leaves one to believe there's more to story.


I was a HUGE Target fan, especially over Walmart but theres no way i could personally be okay spending my hard dollars at a store who does this. It's very disappointing as a consumer and a supporter.  
I for one will not spend my money at retailer who doesn't support equality. 


-D

No comments:

Post a Comment