Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Movie Talk: Spidy Edition

Hello my darlings! It's been awhile but I'm back ((: Since I have a profound love for movies, I decided to add a new category to my blog. Welcome to my new movie review page...Movie talk! I'm not a professional but sometimes its good hear someone else's opinion on a movie before deciding if you want to see it or not. ENJOY!


First up: The Amazing Spiderman:

This movies wasn't what I would call 'amazing' however, highly entertaining does cross my mind. The problem is the story line: We've seen it before in 2002 version of this movie. Peter Parker and his childhood troubles, then his transformation.  This is no Christopher Nolan story line here, but much more lighthearted and family friendly.Also, another issue with this movie the villain...he was boring and bland. However, what this movie has that the pervious versions didn't: an amazing cast. Andrew Garfield shines as Peter Parker. He's awkward, geeky, adorable and charming; the audience can't help but fall for him. Throw in the spectacular Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy and you have a match made in casting heaven.  (As of lately the of chemistry between co-stars has been lacking, or so I think) Garfield and Stones's scenes are what ties the movie together and add the touch of humanity.  Additionally there's Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, and Sally Field who all do a tremendous job. Let's not forget the up and comer Chris Zylka as the school bully, who does a great job.  Overall 'The Amazing Spiderman' put the heart back into a franchise that was lacking after the disappointing 'Spiderman 3'. It's funny, charismatic and a great summer blockbuster.

Happy watching!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment