Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Music Minute: BELIEVE

Hey fellow music lovers!  Here's my music minute review of Justin Bieber's new album 'Believe'.
Because we are talking about the Biebs, I believe I need a disclaimer so here it is: I'm not a fan girl, or Believer but I'm not native enough to not realize this kid is majorly talented. So here's my Un-bias is review of his new album. And yes, I realize this is a little late but I like to give the album sometime to grow on me before judging it.


1. All Around the World (feat. Ludacris) Luda + JB= another great pop song. This is one my favorite songs on the album; It's catchy, fun and upbeat.
2. Boyfriend: At first I was disappointed by the first Single of JB's album but this song grew on me and I enjoy it. However it is quickly being over played on the radio....But still a great pop song!
3. As Long As You Love Me (feat. Big Sean): the hype around this song is huge, and it will JB's second single off his CD but for me it just falls flat. I wanted it to grow on me but it never did...I guess ill stick to the Backstreet Boys version of this song (:
4. Catching Feelings: I like the tone of this song...Justin's not talking about falling in love he's more focused on the feelings.
5. Take You: One of my favorite songs off the album, its fun. It does a great job of showing off JB's new vocal ranges.
6. Right Here (feat. Drake):  I'm a sucker for any Drake collaboration, however I feel like this one was a wasted opportunity. It a good song, maybe one of Bieber's strongest...but I can't help feeling like I've heard it before...maybe in 'Right Next to You' with Chris Brown...maybe its just me.
7. Fall:  One of the best songs on the album; it's a typical JB slow pop song and it works.
8. Died in Your Arms:  I love this song. I think this is Justin's biggest jump. The song has a Motown feel to it and you know what it works.
9. Thought of You: A great song, not too serious but fun to listen to regardless. Justin gets to show off his vocal range.
10. Beauty and a Beat (fest Nicki Minaj): YES. Best song on the album; sure its corny but it's loads of fun. I find this one on repeat daily!
11. One Love:  This also goes back to Justin's traditional stuff but it works for him.
12. Be Alright This one grew on me. Its simple and raw but got a great meaning.
13. Believe:  The title track of the album does just what it's called; it makes you 'Believe' not just in Bieber but in his fans. Great song.
14. Out of Town Girl: Not feeling it. AT ALL.
15. She Don't Like the Lights: I'm hit or miss on this one...it's got a great beat but the lyrics are ridiculous.
16. Maria:   Justin channeled his inner Michael Jackson on this one, it has a 'Billy Jean' feel to it. It works but not the strongest.

Overall it's a strong album. You gotta hand it to the kid; he took some chances. Some paid off greatly and others fell flat. I'm sad to say that I'm disappointed...I was hoping he would do more mature stuff and head towards to a Chris Brown/Drake route (i.e., his remixes of 'Ladies Love Me' & 'Trust Issues')...but 'Believe' definite step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment