Tuesday, October 25, 2011

my living nightmare.

this is my re-occuring nightmare.
im trapped in a smoggy room
the walls are rough against my fingertips
it smells like despair and broken dreams
I'm not alone in this room..
i can make out the figure of a man.
He's everything night mares are made of.
His smile is so sweet it could give you a tooth ache. 
His tone of voice could make you believe 
he really can give you the world

it's a game, we are playing
its the same game over and over
he pulls me in to push me away
he tells me what i need hear
holds me close for this moment
&& in this moment i suffocate in the lies

I tell this man every tangible detail of my life
i let him in ways I've never let anyone
i trust him with the darkest parts of my soul
he sees me for me, raw broken beautiful me

he whispers the words my soul aches to hear
i believe him with every once of my being
he touches my skin with his chapped rough hands
while my body tingles at this- 
It's my heart billows from this touch
I awaken from my dream with a start
only to come face to face with my own personal demon
This  nightmare is my real life
and it's my fault  , i let you in
i made you a part of my life
But as of today I let my demon go
i stand on weary knees 
look you in the eye and say good bye
no longer will you control my days
make me hurt, cry or feel at all 
its with these words, i let you go
i leave everything we once stood for behind
I will weep no more  for i know this is the best
Goodbye sir.


No comments:

Post a Comment